Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Producer Spotlight - Dj Premier



It's only RIGHT I make the first Producer I speak about is Chris Martin AKA DJ Premier 


"Ridin Shotgun wit Chris Martin my DJ/ Not the white boy but I'm down for the Cold Play - Royce Da 5'9" 

Premier probably has to be my favorite Producer of ALL TIME! I may be showing my age but I remember back in the 90's you couldn't hear a Hip Hop album and not have a Preemo beat on there.  The way we hear "Mike Will Made It" or "Mustard on the beat" and all these popular producers now that's how Premo was back in the day. 

As you should know he was also one half of the Legendary Group "Gangstarr" with Guru (R.I.P).  I still remember the first time I really heard Gangstarr was "Moment Of Truth" I then went back more to listen to their previous albums "No More Mr. Nice Guy" "Hard To Earn" "Daily Operation"  "Step In The Arena" and then Followed by "The Ownerz" which were all produced entirely by Premo.

Being from New York he helped create the sound for most of the 90's, which is what I grew up on like most of us.  Even up to today his productions sounds fresh and better than most producers. 

 When I first started producing he was one of the main producers I studied and listened to the most, I tried to mimic his sound(which is impossible) but he was definitely a huge influence to me on the producing side of things.  Lets get into a few Songs and Samples this legend is well known for.

Nas- Nas Is Like 





Original Sample

 

Jay-Z - D'Evils



Original Sample


Notorious B.I.G - Kick In The Door



Original Sample


Gangstarr - Royalty



Original Sample 



Royce Da 5'9 - Shake This 


Original Sample


 He has also worked with...
Apathy, Big L, Big Daddy Kane, Bun B, Canibus, Common, D.I.T.C., Evidence, Fat Joe, Game, Ill Bill, Immortal Technique, Jay-Z, Joell Ortiz, Kanye West, KRS-One, Lord Finesse, Ludacris, M.O.P., Mos Def, Nas, Papoose, Rakim, Royce da 5'9", Snoop Dogg, The LOX, The Notorious B.I.G., Vinnie Paz, Xzibit, rock band Limp Bizkit and Busta Rhymes. Also helped produce Christina Aguilera's album "Back To Basics" Just to name a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment